These terms and conditions must be read in their entirety. By accessing this site and any pages thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions below, do not access this site, or any pages thereof. Information on this website is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The data set forth herein is for informational purposes only, and no warranty is made that the information is error-free. Please note that once you leave this site, either by using a link we may have provided for your convenience or by specifying your own destination, North West Premium Finance Limited accepts no responsibility for the content, products and/or services provided at these non-NWPF locations. NWPF does not control, endorse, promote or have any affiliation with any other website unless expressly stated herein.
In this policy, when we use the term “personal information” we mean personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act Chapter 22:04 (“the DPA”) i.e. information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form including those listed in the DPA.
Direct Marketing and Data Mapping
If you have visited our website and/or social media pages, we may sometimes use the personal information you have provided to assess usage patterns and provide you with advertising we believe may be of interest to you.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, text message, post or telephone call. This is known as direct marketing.
Examples of direct marketing may include:
- sending promotional emails about new products, special offers, customer events or other information which we think you may find useful or interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- contacting you for market research purposes (by email, text message, post or telephone call).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the security of these websites. Please check the relevant policy before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Use of Personal Information
We may process your personal information for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data and will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law and we may collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Sharing of Personal Information
The information about you collected by North West will not be disclosed for purposes other than those stated above without your prior consent PROVIDED HOWEVER that we may share information in the following circumstances:
- Independent third-party service providers who you (or a third party properly authorised to give instructions on your account) ask us to share information with, for example, payment initiation or account information services. If such information is shared with these third parties, we will have no control over how that information is used. You (or the person(s) with authority over your account) will need to agree the scope of such use directly with the third party.
- With other financial institutions (e.g. correspondent banks) or persons with whom you have or may have financial and other business dealings, wherever located;
- With credit reporting agencies;
- Upon your request and with your consent, North West may give this information to other persons; and
- With regulatory bodies and public authorities to the extent required by law.
We may also disclose personal information we hold to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share an individual’s personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with that individual or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Safeguards: If we use a third party data processor to process personal information on our behalf, we will obtain contractual commitments to safeguard the security of the personal information to ensure that the third party only acts on our instructions when using that personal information and that the third party has in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the personal information.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer or device. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Limitation of Liability
North West Premium Finance Limited and its subsidiaries and associate companies shall not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with the use of this site or any linked site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure whatsoever resulting from the use of the site, this server or the Internet generally.
Changes to This Site
Information may be changed or updated without notice. North West Premium Finance Limited has no obligation to update information presented on this website, so information contained herein may be out of date at any given time. NWPF may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or programmes described in this information at any time without notice.
The NWPF logo, North West Premium Finance Limited, and all other trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, URLs and icons (“Marks”) appearing on this website, registered or not, are the property of North West Premium Finance Limited or their respective owners. Nothing on this website grants you any right or license to use any of the Marks on this site without the express written permission of North West Premium Finance Limited or the third party owners of the Marks.
Calculators are used as a guide only.
All information submitted to North West Premium Finance Limited via this website shall be deemed and remain the property of North West Premium Finance Limited. The policy of NWPF is to adhere to a duty of confidentiality. NWPF undertakes not to divulge any personal information provided by you such as address, e-mail, telephone, income etc. to any third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you or are required to do so by law. It is at the Internet user’s discretion whether or not to communicate information to NWPF through this website. However, there is no guarantee that the transmission of information on this site will be private and secure from third party unauthorized access. NWPF, its subsidiaries and associate companies shall not be liable for any damage as a result of your transmission of confidential or sensitive information when using this site.
Use of this site and the terms and conditions herein shall be governed by the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.