Terms and Conditions
North West Premium Finance Ltd. Website and Online Banking Services Terms of Usage.
- In these terms and conditions, “we”, “our” and “us” and “the service provider” mean North West Premium Finance Ltd and “you” and “your” mean the individual who is using the North West website and online banking services.
- You must meet and comply at all times with the technical and security requirements that we establish regarding the online banking services and that we provide to you from time to time.
- Access and Use of the Online Banking Services
- By registering for the Online Banking Services, you understand that we may contact you regarding important documents that must be signed and presented to us before certain transactions can be finalized.
- Any and all transactions initiated using your Login Credentials will be considered authorized by you without further verification. We are hereby authorized to honour, execute and charge those transactions and you acknowledge and agree that these procedures are commercially reasonable.
- To access these services, you must first create Login Credentials unique to you. To provide you with additional protection while using the Online Banking Services, you must also register for and activate a unique second factor authentication code. This second factor authentication code must be used along with the Login Credentials in order to access the services.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that you access the Online Banking Services from a secure location, connection and Device. You must keep your Login Credentials safe and confidential and must not disclose it to any third-party. You agree not to leave your Device unattended while logged into any of the services and to log off immediately at the completion of each access. If you know or believe that unauthorized access has or may have occurred or that your Login Credentials have or may have become known to an unauthorized person, you must immediately change your Login Credentials then contact us via the contact information listed on our contact page.
- We are entitled to immediately act on any authorization received via the online banking service. If you permit other person(s) to use your Login Credentials or it is used by an unauthorized person you will be liable for any loss incurred from any transaction.
- For your security, we do not recommend using on a shared Device, Touch ID, One Touch Access, Face recognition, Fingerprint ID, or any other biometric authentication feature to access the online banking service. If you choose to enable any biometric authentication feature to login to the services, you should ensure that only your fingerprints, face or other of your biometric data are stored on your Device. You should also ensure the security of the security codes as well as the passwords or codes that you use to register your face, fingerprint, or other biometric identification on your Device. You understand that the face, fingerprint or other biometric authentication module of your Device is not provided by us, and we make no representation or warranty as to the security of the face, fingerprint, or other biometric authentication function of any Device or that such biometric authentication features will be available at all times or will work or function in the way that the manufacturer of the Device represents.
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- You have a right to confidentiality and we are committed to protecting your personal information through the use of reasonable safeguards. Please note that when collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
- Personal information collected by us will generally be shared with us by you directly and may include but is not limited to:
- Personal details (e.g. name, date of birth, identification number etc.)
- Contact details
- Transactional details
- Financial information (financial history, bank account details etc.) in order to process applications and provide requested services
- If you visit our website and/or access our online banking services and other social media pages, we may use the personal information you have provided to assess usage patterns and provide you with content (marketing or otherwise) which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the security of these websites. Please check the relevant policy before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss that you may suffer including if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Anyone with access to your electronic devices could view its content unless you lock your device. You are responsible for keeping this information confidential and secure.
- Notification of changes
- You agree that we can amend, modify, change or replace these terms and conditions, the technical and security requirements and/or any of the services provided under these terms and conditions at any time by posting a notice on the North West website or our online banking sign-on page(s). The new or revised terms and conditions, technical and security requirements and/or services provided under these terms and conditions are effective and binding on you when we notify you of such change. If you continue to use the North West website and our online banking services after we post the notice that means you agree to and accept the new or revised terms and conditions, technical and security requirements and/or the services provided under these terms and conditions as amended.
- If you do not agree with the new or any changes made to these terms and conditions, the technical and security requirements and/or the revised online banking you must immediately stop using the service and notify us.
- Suspension or termination of service
- We can suspend or terminate your access to our online banking services if we believe you are in breach of these terms and conditions or any other agreements that you have entered into with us. If we suspend or terminate your online banking access, we will notify you.
- We can discontinue our online banking service at any time. If we do, we will post a notice thirty (30) days in advance on the online banking sign on page and on our website.
- If you want to disable accessing your account on our online banking services, you can contact us: 1-868-225 1291/1292.
- Your Responsibilities
- It is your responsibility to determine with your wireless carrier if your device is capable of accessing the Internet.
- Usage of the North West website and our online banking services is subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement with your wireless carrier and/or Internet service provider. You are responsible for any fees imposed by your mobile service provider and Internet service provider of any kind.
- You must always keep your user ID and password/passcode that allow you to sign onto our online banking service confidential. Do not divulge this information to anyone—including family members, friends, employees, accountants and bookkeepers or anyone else. Do not write this information down.
- Do not respond to text messages, pop-ups, emails or other Internet requests that ask you to reveal personal information about yourself or your North West accounts. We will never send you unsolicited text messages or emails asking for your password, access code, credit card, account numbers, etc. We will never ask you to validate or restore your account or online banking access through unsolicited text messages or emails.
- You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your North West Accounts and transactions when using the online banking services. You agree not to leave your device unattended while logged into any of the online banking services and to log off immediately at the completion of each access. You agree that you are responsible for ensuring that your device is protected from and kept free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other similar harmful components that could result in damage to programs, files or could result in information being intercepted by a third-party.
- You acknowledge that it is your decision to communicate personal information to us through the online banking services. You therefore accept and agree that you access and use the services at your own risk, which risk includes (but is not limited to) the risk of unauthorized third persons obtaining access to your personal information, devices or North West accounts, through frauds, misuse, hacking, infection / attacks by viruses or other malicious, destructive or corruptive codes; or other actions. We are not and shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage flowing from such unauthorized access or interception of information submitted through the online banking services. All information submitted to us through any Electronic Channel shall be deemed and remain our property.
- You agree not to use the Online Banking Services or the content or information delivered through the Online Banking Services in any way that:
- is fraudulent;
- violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- is false, misleading or inaccurate;
- is defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing; or
- interferes with or disrupts computer or telecommunication networks connected to the Online Banking Services
- You agree to assist us in any investigation into improper access to your accounts.
- Third Parties
You understand and agree that North West may retain and used a third party to act on its behalf to provide or to assist in the provision of the online banking services
- Limitation of liability
- You agree that neither North West, your Internet service provider, your wireless carrier, nor any other third party associated with providing our website and online banking services will be liable to you or anyone else for any direct or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages or for any losses irrespective of whether such Damages arise from any claim based on loss of revenue, loss of opportunity, loss of profits, interruption of business or any other loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by you or any other person, even if we had been advised of the possibility of such Damages.
- Use of the North West website and the online banking services are subject to the agreements you have in place for the products and services that you have with us
- We provide our website and online banking services as a convenience to you for information purposes only. The information contained in the various web pages do not constitute a record for the premium financing account or insurance policy to which it pertains nor is anything contained herein an offer by North West to do business with you.
- Whilst North West will make every effort to ensure that the website is updated and accurate, we do not guarantee that this site is free of errors, virus and/or interference or interception or that the information contained on this site is reliable.
- We are not responsible for any losses or delays in transmission of instructions flowing from the use of any third party provider (including but not limited to telecommunications or internet providers); or caused by any browser software malfunction; or for any failure or delay in processing any transaction via the online banking services which results from interruption of our business due to equipment failure or malfunction, system disruptions, unavailability of any online banking service for any reason, energy shortage, fire, flood, civil commotion, acts of terrorism, labour difficulties, adverse weather conditions or any other circumstance or event outside of our control. Further, we are not responsible if you give incorrect instructions or if your payment instructions are not given sufficiently in advance to allow for timely payment.
- Articles appearing on this website are purely an information service and do not constitute legal advice. This site and the information contained in this site is protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- NEITHER NORTH WEST NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CONCERNING ANY ONLINE BANKING SERVICE, INTERNET BANKING SOFTWARE OR SERVICES OR BROWSERS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OR THE ACCURACY RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION COMMUNICATED THROUGH ANY ONLINE BANKING SERVICE UNLESS DISCLAIMING SUCH WARRANTIES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Access and Use of the Online Banking Services
Except to the extent directly caused by North West’s negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct, you agree to indemnify and hold us against any claim, cost, liability or other Damage incurred by us in connection with or arising out of any third party claim, your use of any online banking service or any other dealing between you and North West, including any and all losses arising out of, or incidental to, the use, including all unauthorized use of the online banking services.
- in the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement is for any reason held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain valid and enforceable;
- notices or correspondence from you to North West, that are not sent via an Online Banking Service, must be in writing, signed by you and sent to North West’s registered address as shown on our Contact Us page; and
- no delay or failure on North West’s part to exercise any right, remedy, power or privilege available under the Agreement will affect or preclude North West’s future exercise of that right, remedy, power or privilege.
- Access and Use of the Online Banking Services
If there is a conflict between a term in these terms and conditions and in any other agreement between you and North West then these terms and conditions shall prevail with respect to online banking services.
- Access and Use of the Online Banking Services
These terms and conditions will be governed exclusively by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago. You and we agree that the courts of Trinidad and Tobago will have jurisdiction for the determination of any matters arising out of these terms and conditions.